At TSNE MissionWorks, we believe that effective supervision is directly tied to organizational mission effectiveness. For individual organizations as well as for the nonprofit sector, our staff is our greatest resource. The more effective they are, the more effective we are at serving the needs of our constituents.
To learn more about TSNE's human resources consulting contact Lyn Freundlich, Director of Human Resources and Administration.
Offering On-Site Staffing
That is why we have expanded our human resources consulting services. In the current economy, as nonprofit organizations eliminate positions, there are likely to be fewer staff officially filling the HR function in organizations. And as we know, the issues don’t go away and may be exacerbated by difficult staffing and program decisions.
Even in the best of times, many nonprofits aren’t large enough or lack the financial capacity to employ a full-time human resources manager. Staff in other positions can administer personnel related systems like payroll and benefits, new employee applications and employee files. But other employee-related issues may remain unaddressed until they suddenly need urgent attention.
The executive director or another senior staff member may then intervene, taking time from other vital activities, such as maintaining constituent relationships, fundraising or developing programs.
A Strategic Approach
This approach is neither efficient nor strategic. But without dedicated human resources staff, there aren’t many options.
TSNE MissionWorks provides on-site employee relations and supervisory consultation and support to foster effective supervision at all levels, enabling staff to successfully work toward your nonprofit’s mission and vision.
Our highly trained and experienced staff will work with your supervisors and other employees to:
- Strengthen supervisory skills
- Support the development of a strong culture of supervision
- Help managers and other staff address interpersonal and performance issues before they get out of hand
- Practice excellent communication and feedback skills
- Craft clear job descriptions and goals
- Write and deliver useful performance evaluations
One-on-One Coaching and Consulting
In addition, we work with individual supervisors, managers and executive directors, in person or remotely, to manage and resolve specific employee relations challenges, such as:
- Performance issues
- Goal setting and establishing clear expectations
- Improving meeting planning and facilitation skills
Most nonprofit directors and managers have a long to-do list that doesn’t seem to ever shorten. TSNE staff provide project-specific assistance. We:
- Develop performance review and other human resources systems that align with your organizational culture
- Draft job descriptions
- Create recruitment and hiring strategies
- Assess and create compensation systems
- Develop new employee orientation and training plans
- Create professional development as well as reward and recognition systems
- Complete other projects, as needed