50 Great Ideas from 11 Top Experts
Network for Good helps nonprofits raise money on their own websites and on social networks with free and low-cost fund-raising tools. Their recent e-book, How to Raise a Lot More Money Now: 50 Great Ideas from 11 Top Experts, featuring some of the best minds in the business, was recently released. Following are some of our editor's favorite tips from this new e-book to get your creative thoughts flowing. The full e-book is available on their website for free - download your copy today.
Creative Fund-raising Ideas
2. Replace at least one sentence that's about you with one that's about your donor.
14. Organize a crowd-sourced appeal. Invite donors to participate in drafting the "perfect fundraising appeal."
23. Take pictures of your clients holding signs that say Thank You and share them with your supporters on your website, in email and via social media.
26. Take a month to engage existing supporters in conversations about why they give to you. Use their responses to develop messages you can use with prospects – they’re more likely to speak the donor's language than your organization's jargon.
31. Raise money with dress down days. Businesses or private schools let their employees or students dress down for the day if they make a certain donation amount to your organization online.
38. Simplify your message for social media calls to action. If you can’t say it in 140 characters on Twitter, you’re not saying it well.
46. Offer birthday favor kits. Kids are increasingly choosing to raise money for a favorite cause for their birthday rather than getting more stuff. (Parents are big fans of this trend.) Use your website to promote “birthday favors” for kids who fundraise for your cause, with thank you notes for each child attending the party and fun gifts or photos.