Neighbors United for a Better East Boston (NUBE), a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, is a multi-ethnic, member-led organization formed in 2007 by a diverse group of East Boston residents that shared common values and a goal of building a direct action organization that can hold public institutions accountable through grassroots organizing. Since then, NUBE has transitioned in developing abundant leaders who support social transformation and shifting political power. Our leaders organize and advocate for inclusive democratic processes and just public policies to create a vibrant economy and environment for all East Boston.
The Co-Director/Lead Facilitator serves the key role of developing and executing NUBE’s abundant and civic leadership development programs. The ideal candidate will have a background creating curriculums and training programs using popular education methods, facilitating diverse groups, and a background in community organizing. They should exemplify commitment to building the leadership of people of color, particularly women of color, and cultivating member organizing and advocacy skills to address social justice issues in East Boston. The Co-Director/Lead Facilitator should be creative and inspired, work well in a team and be open to changes in a fast-paced environment. The Lead Facilitator works collaboratively with the Lead Coordinator/Co-Director (as Co-Directors of NUBE) to ensure smooth overall operations of all aspects of NUBE, in collaboration with the Roots Council steering committee.
Essential Job Functions
- Works collaboratively with the Lead Coordinator/Co-Director to ensure smooth overall operations of all aspects of NUBE;
- Works with the staff, advisory council, and membership to develop and refine abundant and civic leadership training programs.;
- Works with staff, advisory council and members to develop agendas for staff, council and/or membership meetings;
- Serves as the Lead Facilitator at meetings, events, and annual assemblies;
- Builds vision, arts, music and self-care practices into meeting and event spaces;
- Works with NUBE Co-Director to finalize agendas, curriculums, and training programs;
- Works with program staff to determine event and meeting space needs, layout and decorations.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The facilitator will perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Periodic travel throughout the country will be required.
- At least 3 years of training and curriculum building experience, using popular education methodologies;
- At least two years of management experience;
- Experience working with women, people of color and/or immigrant communities;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Proficient in written and spoken English; fluency in Spanish a plus;
- Ability to track, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines, both internal and external;
- Ability to travel;
- Supervisory experience and team leadership ability;
- Strong political analysis, understanding of economic inequality, and alignment with NUBE mission;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Calendar; comfort with Mac environment.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please include a resume and cover letter.
We do accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Or fax to: 617.896.9393.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Neighbors United for a Better East Boston will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, and veteran or disability status.