New Entry Sustainable Farming Project’s (New Entry) mission is to improve our local and regional food systems by training the next generation of farmers to produce food that is sustainable, nutritious and culturally appropriate and making this food accessible to individuals regardless of age, mobility, ethnicity, or socio-economic status. In doing this work, New Entry provides critical training, career development, and economic opportunity to new farmers. New Entry is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks.
The National Incubator Farm Training Initiative (NIFTI) Coordinator will work as part of New Entry’s National Programs Team to oversee the administration of New Entry’s National Incubator Farm Training Initiative (NIFTI). This involves managing NIFTI partner networks; scheduling, planning and hosting professional development events and conferences; developing educational resources, toolkits and guidebooks; and supporting incubator farm programs with ongoing project planning, development, advocacy, and evaluation.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct national planning, outreach, and technical assistance to emerging or developing beginning farmer training and incubator farm programs through recruiting clients and engaging national partners in TA and national and regional Community of Practice (CoP) efforts;
- Develop TA protocols in areas of financial literacy, land and credit access, and metrics and evaluation for farm incubator projects;
- Maintain national NIFTI TA request and referral system;
- Develop national webinars on incubator farm program topics;
- Refine and expand upon web-based national clearinghouse for farm incubator resources;
- Develop case studies, success stories, and best practices;
- Organize multi-day national Incubator Field Schools and CoP national meetings/conferences;
- Facilitate ongoing CoP strategies for beginning farmer program staff;
- Document and evaluate program outputs and outcomes;
- Collaborate on development of national metrics and evaluation of farm incubator projects;
- Collaborate on national-level research on incubator projects;
- Promote and distribute existing NIFTI toolkits, fact sheets, and other materials;
- Collaborate with national partners on local and regional-level projects to encourage and strengthen farm incubators by partnering and serving in an advisory capacity as requested;
- Promote New Entry’s work on a national scale by attending and presenting at relevant conferences and events;
- Participate as part of a team to support the mission of New Entry by working with staff to develop robust program metrics and evaluation tools to share nationally and to educate New Entry staff members about best practices gleaned from national organizations;
- Investigate and pursue fee-for-service and additional revenue generating opportunities to support NIFTI’s ongoing operating costs;
- Create and manage consulting agreements and contracts with program partners;
- Develop and maintain operations manuals for all aspects of National TA program administration.
- Access to reliable private transportation necessary and ability to travel nationally;
- Flexible schedule needed, including evenings and weekends.
- Prior experience in national outreach, adult education theory, beginning farmer and rancher training strategies, local and regional food systems, educational resource development, and organizational development preferred;
- Organizational development and cross-cultural experience helpful;
- Experience with programmatic evaluation and assessment desired;
- Experience with event planning is desired;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, strong project management experience, and attention to detail required;
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse ethnic and economic groups;
- Self- directed and able to work well in a rapidly changing, high-performance environment;
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Proficiency with standard computer software (MS Office and Excel); Desired: Social Media, Salesforce CRM, website content development, graphic design).
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and a cover letter.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/New Entry will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and veteran or disability status.