A fiscally-sponsored program of TSNE MissionWorks (TSNE), Tutors for All (T4A) bridges the achievement gap one student at a time. Through bringing together colleges, public schools and community resources, we offer underserved students the systematic individualized instruction they need in order to thrive. Students in the Tutors for All programs have shown dramatically improved MCAS scores, significantly higher grades in their high school classes, and renewed and deeper confidence in their academic abilities.
This position assists the program manager in managing a program at Tutors for All.
- Collaborate with program manager to hire lead tutors and tutors;
- Collaborate with program manager in training, curriculum development and professional development;
- Hold tutors accountable for professionalism, promptness and job requirements;
- Hold lead tutors accountable for professionalism, promptness and job requirements;
- Serve as point of contact for tutors and lead tutors who need to report upcoming lateness or absence;
- Manage provisioning for the program as the semesters progresses;
- Keep all data for the program including, but not limited to, student attendance, tutor attendance, test scores, student information, etc.;
- Ensure the publishing of progress reports at least once a semester;
- Help manage student behavior during tutorial as needed;
- Manage special projects – parent outreach, positive reinforcement for students, etc.
- Passion for working with Boston youth;
- Passion for coaching/professional development of young educators;
- Strong leadership skills and experience;
- Attention to detail across multiple tasks;
- Ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment;
- Adherence to strict professional standards as regards to conduct, dress, timeliness, etc.;
- Eagerness to reflect on and improve performance.
- 10-15 hours per week, divided among program site, Tutors for All office, and home;
- Exact schedule depends on program.
We strongly encourage online applications.
We accept applications by mail to: TSNE MissionWorks, Attn: Employment Manager, NonProfit Center, 7th floor, 89 South Street, Boston, MA 02111 or by fax at: 617.523.2070
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE and Tutors for All will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran or disability status.