The Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR) is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, which organizes recovering individuals, families, and friends into a collective voice to educate the public about the value of recovery from alcohol and other addictions.
MOAR Values: Faces and Voices of Recovery – Visible, Vocal, Valuable
The Recovery Coach will provide recovery coach services to individuals enrolled in the Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR) Access to Recovery (ATR) program. The coach will interact with participants individually to assist them in services such as housing and employment search in order to build a plan for life in recovery.
Essential Job Functions
- Interact with participants individually, in-person or over the phone, in order to aid in their recovery from addiction;
- Utilize motivational interviewing to build rapport with participants;
- Provide crisis support;
- Assist participants in developing a comprehensive wellness plan, that addresses their goals;
- Provide information on resources that meet the participants’ needs;
- Maintain communication with participants on a weekly basis;
- Accompany participants to meetings in order to enhance their recovery experience (AA, Faith based, criminal justice settings, etc.);
- Provide stage-appropriate recovery information to individuals enrolled in the program;
- Assist enrollees in connecting with recovery support services;
- Encourage hope, optimism, and healthy lifestyles for enrolled individuals;
- Provide linkages to treatment and other support services;
- Occasionally transport clients to appointments (on a case-by-case basis).
- Certification from an approved Recovery Coach curriculum;
- Must have a Massachusetts driver’s license and a registered car;
- If in personal recovery, a minimum of one-year continuous abstinence;
- CORI background check.
- Direct knowledge about addiction recovery;
- Lived experience;
- Motivational interviewing skills;
- Ability to maintain up to date records of participants;
- Ability to access and review ATR reports and participant referrals;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population;
- Effective oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills;
- Considerable knowledge of the addiction treatment services system and support services;
- Ability to honor ethics and confidentiality.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and a cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/MOAR will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and veteran or disability status.