The Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR), a fiscally-sponsored program of TSNE MissionWorks (TSNE), organizes recovering individuals, families and friends into a collective voice to educate the public about the value of recovery from alcohol and other addictions.
This position assists in the coordination and facilitation of peer educational meetings, membership meetings and pubic presentations.
Essential Job Functions
- Help recruiting and retaining Massachusetts membership;
- Distributing membership needs surveys;
- Participating in recovery community public awareness campaigns and events;
- Helping to ensure MOAR activities are announced;
- Facilitating assigned addiction recovery educational access services;
- Developing and enhancing peer driven educational services;
- Developing curriculum and updating information as needed;
- Building a peer driven ethics training curriculum;
- Overseeing peer education evaluations collection and reporting;
- Completing task assignment and weekly reporting requirements;
- Documenting weekly summaries of meetings and educational sessions attended;
- Attending all scheduled supervision and other meetings.
- Must have experience with recovery community organizations and direct knowledge about addiction recovery;
- Ability to develop, prepare and adapt educational material to be utilized in the AREAS groups;
- Extensive experience working with individuals in recovery from alcohol and other addictions required;
- Experience and knowledgeable regarding the addiction treatment service system and other related human services programs;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills.
If in personal recovery a minimum of two years of continuous abstinence required.
This is a part-time 10-18.5 hours per week position and is paid $20.00 per hour.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Attn: HR – TSNE MissionWorks
The NonProfit Center
89 South Street Suite 700
Boston, MA 02111
Or Fax: 617.896-9393
TSNE MissionWorks envisions a society grounded in principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors each individual as a whole person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work. We value the unique talents and contributions of each of our employees.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks and Massachusetts Organization for Addiction and Recovery will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other factor prohibited by law.