The Massachusetts Organization for Addiction Recovery (MOAR), a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, organizes recovering individuals, families and friends into a collective voice to educate the public about the value of recover from alcohol and other addictions. MOAR Values: Faces and Voices of Recovery – Visible, Vocal, Valuable.
The Western & Central MA Regional Coordinator will represent MOAR in Central and Western Massachusetts. In partnership and government related activities, the coordinator will create “Recovery Action Teams” by engaging new members, sustaining current members, and developing volunteer opportunities. The Coordinator will facilitate meetings, support training, and guide peer supportive activities. He or she will maintain the organizational mission and values through all related projects.
- Develop and coordinate Regional Recovery Action Teams;
- Recruit, orient and develop regional peer volunteers;
- Prepare agendas and support materials for volunteers;
- Facilitate peer and policy maker educational meetings and events;
- Assist with ongoing development, operation, and support of peer driven services;
- Provide ongoing support for volunteers and members;
- Support implementation of MOAR projects;
- Fulfill quality assurance and administrative functions, including the completion of required documentation;
- Attend scheduled staff and supervision meetings;
- Assist with the development of newsletters and other communications that are shared with stakeholders;
- Provide timely information to MOAR members regarding important public policy developments;
- Gather data and provide reports on recovery community support activities;
- Coordinate development and distribution of MOAR material to interested parties;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid driver’s license; ability to travel periodically throughout the region;
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Human Services or related degree with a minimum of two years professional experience or two to five years of progressive (forward thinking/innovative) experience with addiction recovery community organizing and support services;
- Experience community organizing;
- Proven expertise in the addiction prevention, treatment, and recovery continuum of care;
- Knowledge of the recovery and peer movement, including problem gambling recovery;
- Cross-cultural skills, and experience with culturally diverse populations;
- Demonstrated facilitation, presentation, event planning, and community organizing skills;
- Computer skills : Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher);
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, inclusive of social media;
- Lived experience in personal recovery for a minimum of two years;
- Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) skills preferred.
- $40,000 to $45,000
We strongly encourage online applications. Please include resume and cover letter
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks and Massachusetts Voter Table will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.