Worker’s Justice Project (WJP), a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, was founded in 2010 to address the racial and economic injustices that day laborers face by building collective power to win institutional change. WJP runs a long-standing worker’s center in South Brooklyn and organizes female day laborers in Williamsburg through our Women’s Economic Justice Initiative. We promote justice and opportunity for low-wage immigrant workers in New York City by pushing for systematic enforcement and expansion of workplace protections. This includes labor and occupational health and safety standards, advocating for industry-specific efforts to improve working conditions, offer skills-building training to workers in health, safety, and industry-specific areas, and educating immigrant communities about their rights in the workplace and how to exercise those rights.
WJP is looking for a responsible Office Manager to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Duties of the Office Manager including providing support to our managers, organizers, and members, assisting in daily office needs, and managing our general administrative and operational activities. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish and be able to organize their work using tools, like Microsoft Office Suite products and office equipment.
Essential Job Functions
Providing support to WJP and its staff/team by:
- Maintaining project timelines, including staff and team reminders of deadlines;
- Creating and updating meeting agendas and taking and distributing notes to staff and others from meetings;
- Answering and direct phone calls;
- Scheduling and planning meetings, calls, and appointments;
- Writing and distributing email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms;
- Assisting in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports;
- Ordering office supplies and research new deals and suppliers;
- Processing and scheduling requests for materials, speaking engagements, interviews, etc.;
- Organizing and maintaining the office electronic and hard copy filing system;
- Managing conference and event planning logistics, including coordination of travel arrangements;
- Providing general support to visitors and members;
- Maintaining contact lists;
- Assisting in planning and follow up to yearly Gala Fundraiser.
Working the WJP co-directors and TSNE MissionWorks to:
- Develop contracts for consultants and other business,
- Process invoices and reconcile financial information including invoices and tracking expenditures;
- Submit and reconcile expense reports;
- Manage cash income reports and make deposits. Send back-up information to TSNE MissionWorks;
- Assist in grant proposal preparation and execution with TSNE MissionWorks staff;
- Assist in HR/Finance updates/functions.
- High School degree; additional qualification as an Administrative Assistant or Secretary is a plus;
- Previous experience as an administrative assistant or office manager;
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures;
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines;
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular);
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work;
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish required;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Enthusiastic support of WJP’s mission and the ability to champion it in performing job responsibilities;
- Able to periodically work a flexible schedule including some early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and a cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/Worker’s Justice Project will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and veteran or disability status.