TSNE MissionWorks (formerly Third Sector New England) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE MissionWorks is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
The Organizational Development Consultant (Consultant) works in support of TSNE MissionWorks' capacity building efforts and brings a values-based approach to working with client organizations and across the variety of TSNE MissionWorks programs. Reporting to the Senior Organizational Development Consultant, the Consultant serves as the primary point of contact between organizational development clients, external OD consultants and TSNE MissionWorks. The Consultant also provides direct consulting services to clients, supporting organizational development and capacity building processes, including, but not limited to organizational assessments, strategic planning, sustainability planning, board development, and support for executive transitions consulting projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Consulting and Training
- Provide consulting services to clients as a TSNE MissionWorks internal Consultant in, but not limited to: board development, organizational assessment, organizational development, strategic thought partnering, executive transitions, and participatory management styles;
- Ensure engagements are well managed with a client-oriented perspective, in partnership with other TSNE MissionWorks capacity building colleagues;
- Ensure that high quality, responsive, and culturally competent consulting services are delivered;
- Work with other TSNE MissionWorks Executive Transition Team members in supporting specified executive transitions processes;
- Work collaboratively with TSNE MissionWorks Training & Learning team members to design and deliver trainings on topics related to organizational development and sustainability;
- Perform client scoping for prospective clients as needed;
- Serve as a thought partner and work in collaboration with other TSNE MissionWorks capacity building colleagues and other staff throughout the organization, to lift up and share lessons learned;
- Problem solve and trouble shoot with capacity building colleagues and others as needed;
- Manage and update information and communications within TSNE MissionWorks databases with regards to consulting engagements;
- Provide consulting and training services thru a diversity, equity and inclusion lens consistent with TSNE Missionworks’ stated mission and values;
- Work with TSNE Missionworks team members to develop internal and external public policy related to nonprofit management.
- A minimum of five years of experience working in leadership roles in community-based nonprofit organization(s);
- Prior experience in management and/or organizational development consulting is preferred;
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience in implementing organizational theory and practices, assessments, group dynamics and facilitation techniques especially in a nonprofit context is required;
- Excellent interpersonal, program management and leadership skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are necessary;
- Commitment to participatory management and shared leadership practices;
- A commitment to and experience working in the social justice, racial and economic equity or related field is strongly preferred;
- Experience and skill working with a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrable skills in utilizing culturally competent frameworks is required;
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple, competing priorities is required;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-based environment;
- Must be able to travel periodically as necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and see in the normal range with or without correction;
- Use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls;
- Move, Traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); reach with hands and arms; occasionally Ascend/Descend; and position self (to), move;
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate;
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards;
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight;
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
Online applications are encouraged. Please submit your resume and cover letter below.
TSNE MissionWorks envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law