Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood (CCFC) is the only national advocacy organization devoted solely to reducing the harmful effects of commercialism on children. Our work routinely makes headlines around the world and our advocacy has led corporations such as Hasbro, Disney, and Nickelodeon to change their practices. CCFC is a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks.
CCFC is seeking a Program Assistant to support our advocacy work. This role is crucial for making our organization run smoothly, and is ideal for someone with non-profit experience who is specifically seeking part-time work.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative support as needed, including management and purchasing of office supplies, copying and printing, and meeting scheduling;
- Copyedit CCFC communications;
- Create web materials and e-communications such as newsletters and action alerts;
- Maintain and update CCFC website content;
- Manage donation deposits and invoice payments;
- Oversee donor acknowledgements;
- Maintain and update database of CCFC members and press contacts;
- Liaise between CCFC and TSNE MissionWorks on budget, contracts, and other organizational operations;
- Liaise between CCFC and printers, tech support, and other third-party office support.
Research & Advocacy
- Research and summarize findings related to:
- Latest developments in child-targeted marketing;
- New studies documenting prevalence and harm of commercialism;
- Marketing tactics used by companies to target children.
- Maintain and update our research library in Zotero;
- Assist in creation of advocacy materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Effective research skills;
- Editing skills, including copy editing;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Basic knowledge of HTML;
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and learn new skills;
- Able to work well both collaboratively and independently;
- Interest in social activism and the commercialization of childhood;
- Experience with Zotero preferred;
- Degree in child development, psychology, or communication/media studies preferred;
- Must be able to work in our Boston office. Telecommuting will not be considered.
Salary and Hours
The work schedule is 20 hours per week and the rate of pay is $17.00 per hour. A generous benefits package is included.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks and CCFC will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.