TSNE MissionWorks provides management and leadership resources to help nonprofits support healthy, just communities. With a staff of dedicated nonprofit professionals, TSNE MissionWorks is an effective fiscal sponsor, convener, consultant, and grant-maker, offering a unique blend of capacity-building programs and services focuses on strengthening nonprofits for a deeper impact in the communities they serve.
As the Senior Accountant, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of 10 accountants that work together to address the accounting needs of approximately 80 nonprofit organizations. You will be responsible for reviewing and auditing various accounting transactions for validity, as well as troubleshooting.
- Review and approve adjusting entries proposed by staff, ensure proper documentation and validity of entry;
- Take the lead on researching and prepare adjusting journal entries;
- Review reports to identify and correct problems with allocations;
- Complete account reconciliation on the general ledger;
- Help to create and maintain Jet reports;
- Maintain a depreciation schedule;
- Help prepare documentation and back up for the annual audit.
- Be a resource to staff on technical accounting issues;
- Research and present accounting topics to internal staff;
- Respond to inquiries related to depreciation and capitalization;
- Help with state registration reporting;
- Help to create and maintain training materials;
- Help with implementation of new accounting related software;
- Complete other tasks as requested by the AP Manager, AR Manager, or Controller.
- Minimum seven years of progressive accounting experience with an understanding of all types of accounting transactions;
- BA/BS degree in accounting or business, or equivalent experience required;
- Strong knowledge of all nonprofit functional accounting areas required;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to research and troubleshoot problems;
- Experience creating financial reports;
- Federal fund and Jet reporting experience desired;
- Demonstrated track record proactively researching and resolving accounting inconsistencies;
- Proficiency with accounting software and Microsoft Office;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to function independently and work as part of a team;
- Commitment to the work of social and economic justice organizations;
- Ability to work effectively with people of different cultural backgrounds;
- Experience training a plus.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to: