Population Health Improvement Partners, a fiscally sponsored project of TSNE MissionWorks, aims to help the US become the healthiest country in the world. We do this by helping health-focused organizations and coalitions build organizational and community capacity to improve and sustain population health. We provide customized training, technical support and coaching to help organizations and partnerships improve their services and programs. We also work with organizations nationwide to design and implement interventions and programs that improve their outcomes. By customizing services to meet your exact needs, we provide innovative insights and solutions to achieve breakthrough improvements in health.
The Senior Improvement Advisor (Sr. IA) serves as a champion for quality improvement (QI) by applying QI science and proven data-driven approaches to accelerate transformation. Serving as an expert consultant, coach, and educator on improvement science, the Sr. IA supports the analysis, planning, design, implementation and evaluation of key projects to guide organizations and programs to achieve goals.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategic and Tactical
- Plans and leads the performance, accountability, and quality for customer initiatives/programs.
- Interprets customer needs and requirements, translates concepts into practice, identifies process improvement opportunities, and quantifies results and trends.
- Seeks funding opportunities to participate in state-wide and national performance and quality initiatives; initiates proposal development
- Collaborates with national, state, and community partners on quality and performance focused workgroups and learning communities. Participates in intra-agency planning and goal setting.
Technical Assistance (TA)
- Provides expert performance-enhancing, hands-on TA to customers to drive change.
- Engages, motivates and influences customers to utilize performance improvement tools to streamline processes, improve service, and enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coaches and mentors internal and external leaders and staff on strategies and approaches to improve performance in processes, quality/metrics, culture, change management, project management, leadership, etc.
- Administers economic impact analysis on internal and external projects and programs.
Product Development and Management
- Designs and delivers education and training programs that will empower customers to improve performance and build QI capacity.
- Develops, executes, and monitors program plans.
- Proposes new products for development and assists with marketing strategies of new and existing products.
- Develops and manages program budgets.
- Master’s degree in public health or business.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is preferred as is project management expertise.
- Willing and able to travel in and out of state.
- Self-directed work ethic and approach with a team mentality.
- Experience leading successful internal and external strategic planning efforts.
- Knowledge of management practices, policy, programs, initiatives, infrastructure and functions for public health, population health, or healthcare institutions.
- Demonstrated success in leading and evaluating quality/performance improvement programs.
- Working knowledge of and ability to train staff and leaders in quality/performance improvement. principles, processes, best practices, and methodologies to advance organizational excellence—both in the classroom and virtually.
- Experience coaching leaders, front line staff, and teams toward achievement of QI aims/goals.
- Expert team facilitation skills.
- Experience in leading economic impact analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining cooperative partnerships with state and local stakeholders, funding agencies, strategic partners, and national organizations.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills, including presentation development and delivery.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience.
- Experience with quality initiatives and methodologies, such as: The Model for Improvement, Lean, Baldrige, Public Health Accreditation Board, Joint Commission, and Balanced Scorecard.
We strongly encourage and prefer online applications. Please submit your resume and a cover letter.
We also accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Attn: Employment Manager
89 South Street Suite 700
Boston, MA 02111
Or fax to: 617.896.9393
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/ Population Health Improvement Partners will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran, or disability status.