We are thrilled to unroll our first virtual trainings beginning in September. By moving our 2020-2021 Better Nonprofit Management series online that we are removing a major barrier for participation so nonprofit professionals around the country can take our workshops.
Join us for the trainings below. We will continue to add new workshops to the series throughout the year.
Virtual Fundraising Workshop
Wednesday, October 14, 2020, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
Presented by Jenn Hayslett
The pandemic has changed how we communicate — but most of your donors still want to support your important work. In this interactive online workshop, you will learn how to confidently reach out to your donors using Zoom or other video conferencing platforms. Learn more.
Virtual Effective Supervision Workshops
Skilled, intentional, and strategic supervision is integral to organizational success and employee satisfaction. Effective supervisors, whether new to the role or coming with a wealth of experience, tap into self-awareness, are adaptive, and leverage a range of interpersonal skills. Using these practices, a supervisor creates a culture of mutual respect — one in which employees and supervisors communicate regularly and clearly about job-related expectations, tasks, and overall performance.
Target audience: Supervisors with all levels of experience; from emerging supervisors to those with many years of experience.
Tuesday, October 20, 2020, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Understand the importance of soliciting feedback and learn approaches to building this into their supervisory practice
- Discover the barriers to receiving constructive feedback and ways to manage reactions which support your effectiveness as a supervisor
- Explore the conditions that make giving feedback valuable and practice adaptive approaches to providing constructive and positive feedback.
- Learn how to hold one-on-one meetings that strengthen communication, trust, and staff effectiveness.
Thursday, October 29, 2020, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Review and reflect on a “Job Description of a Supervisor”
- Identify their preferred supervisory style
- Learn how to identify what individual staff need around various aspects of their jobs and their particular challenges
- Understand the importance of adapting their supervisory approach and communication style in support of staff success, and how to put that into practice
Tuesday, November 17, 2020, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Explore the ways that adaptive communication and feedback contribute to supporting, developing, and managing successful employees.
- Understand the dynamic continuum of employee performance
- Learn and practice a model of performance management that focuses on adaptive communication and feedback strategies
Wednesday, December 9, 2020, 10 a.m. to 12 noon
- Consider the benefits of aligning human resources systems and practice with organizational values
- Learn about how some organizations live their values through human resources
- Develop an action plan for bringing your organization’s human resources practices more closely into alignment with your values