The earthquake in Haiti is a major humanitarian crisis that has impacted the lives of TSNE's staff. We are taking this moment to share ways you can support people in need.
Haiti Earthquake relief
According to the latest reports, at least 1,941 people have lost their lives and over 9,900 have been injured by the earthquake in Haiti. Nesly Metayer, TSNE’s lead consultant for organizational development, is also a board member for the Mattapan-based Haitian Americans United, Inc. (HAU) and is in Haiti as part of a response effort coordinated by the greater Boston-area Haitian diaspora. The response effort was launched immediately following the quake on Saturday, August 14. Read HAU's press release about the earthquake in Haiti. If you would like to help, donations can be sent to “Haitian American United” via:
- Mail to HAU P.O. Box 260440, Mattapan, MA 02126 (memo: “Haiti August 2021 Earthquake”)
- Direct deposit: East Boston Savings Bank Account # 07-774-15001
- Online paypal.me/donatetohauinc
There are many organizations both locally in the Boston and nationally that are providing rapid response humanitarian aid, including:
- Ayiti Community Trust
- Health Equity International (formerly known as St. Boniface Hospital) is a nonprofit organization that has been operating a hospital and responding to natural disasters in southern Haiti since 1983
- Hope For Haiti
- Partners in Health/Zanmi Lasante
- Read the statement by the Secretary-General of the United Nations.