Thursday, February 20, 2020
9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Presented by Lilo Altali
Fee: $130 (Full-day, lunch is included)
For nonprofit professionals who are leading strategic and creative initiatives, the Innovation Boot Camp is an all-day workshop that walks participants through a comprehensive design-thinking process. This will be a hands-on, rigorous, fast moving experience especially designed for the nonprofit sector.
- Experiment with a design-thinking process to find solutions to complex problems.
- Play with creative tools that help you transition from brainstorming into collaborative ideation.
- Determine when to focus on quality of ideas and when to focus on quantity of ideas.
- Frame opportunities to yield usable solutions.
- Learn how to nurture a creative mindset in day-to-day work activities.
- Identify roadblocks to innovation.
Attendees will leave with an extensive toolkit to adapt and share with their colleagues.
About the Trainer
At TSNE MissionWorks, Lilo Altali leads a design-thinking lab to better understand how to serve low-resourced nonprofits. As a Syrian immigrant, Lilo’s lived experiences interacting with the nonprofits in his community have inspired his career. Previously, he served on the Leadership Team of Mill City Grows, a Lowell based community organization. He has also held roles as an Innovation Strategist at Commonwealth and on the Learning and Certification team at the Ethics and Compliance Initiative. Lilo teaches Change and Innovation Management at Nichols College and is a Project Management Lecturer at Northeastern University.
Unless otherwise noted, all workshops are held at the NonProfit Center in the 2nd Floor Community Conference Center, conveniently located in Downtown Boston at 89 South Street, Boston 02111 near South Station. For detailed directions please visit http://www.nonprofitcenterboston.org/directions