January 2023 to March 2023
Group and 1-on-1 Sessions
Presented by: Joanne Horgan
Skilled, intentional, and strategic supervision creates a culture of mutual respect — one in which employees and supervisors communicate regularly and clearly about job-related expectations, tasks, and overall performance. This kind of supervision is also one of the keys to building equitable teams and an organizational culture that genuinely values different life experiences and perspectives, and where every employee can succeed. Successful supervisors, whether they are new to the role or have a wealth of experience, tap into self-awareness, are adaptive, and leverage a range of interpersonal skills.
Strong supervision is integral to organizational success and employee satisfaction, yet many supervisors feel woefully under-prepared. Join us and a group of peers to create a collaborative learning community. Together, we will learn and experiment with concrete tools to grow your supervisory skills and practice.
As a member of the Supervisor Learning Cohort, you will:
- Participate in three two-hour interactive training sessions
- Meet three times as a cohort to:
- Reflect on real supervisory challenges and make concrete plans to address them
- Explore your experiences putting new tools and behaviors in place
- Hold one another kindly accountable to taking action to address challenges
- Receive two hours of one-on-one coaching from TSNE’s cohort facilitator
About the Trainer
Joanne Horgan is a human resources consultant and lead trainer for TSNE. She has worked at TSNE since 1993, serving many roles in the organization’s human resources practice over the years. Joanne has directed the internal HR function and led the HR team in its delivery of services to over 60 fiscally sponsored clients. She has also been providing HR consulting and training for small to mid-sized grassroots, social justice, and other mission-focused nonprofits for over 20 years. Joanne holds a B.A. in organizational psychology and an M.S. in human resources counseling from Northeastern University.
Sign up and mark your calendar now
- Training module one: Adaptive Supervision (January 26, 2023; 10-12:00pm EST)
- Training module two: Building Supervisor-Staff Relationships Through Communication (February 9, 2023; 10-12:00pm EST)
- Training module three: Performance Management (March 7, 2023; 10– 12:00pm EST)
- Cohort meeting one: February 1, 2023; 10:30-12:00pm EST
- Cohort meeting two: February 16, 2023; 10:30-12:00pm EST
- Cohort meeting three: March 16, 2023; 10:30-12:00pm EST
Individual coaching will be scheduled at mutually convenient times within three months of the last cohort session.
Fee: The combined value of training, cohort sessions and coaching services is approximately $1,000 but we are offering the package for $850 per participant.