Stabilize Your Nonprofit During a Leadership Transition with an Interim Executive Director
TSNE offers Interim Executive Director placement to provide supportive and effective temporary leadership after an executive departure.
Interim Executive Directors stabilize your organization and bring their knowledge and skills to keep your nonprofit moving forward. Our Interim Executive Directors are experts at overseeing budgets, supervising staff, managing programs and improving operational systems. They have extensive experience in organization development, coaching, fundraising and resource development, human resources, and financial management.
What are the Benefits of Hiring an Interim Nonprofit Leader?
- Efficient use of time. Hiring an interim executive director gives the organization the space it needs to organize a search process.
- Stabilization. An interim executive director provides stability to an organization in turmoil.
- Objectivity when most needed. A strong, clear, and unbiased internal operations analysis.
- Relieves staff workload. Oftentimes, one or more of the staff is doing the work of the former executive director.
- Keeps board and staff roles separated. This is especially true among small nonprofits where board volunteers may double as staff already.
- Preserves organization’s visibility, reputation, and key donor relations. An interim executive director is an important relationship maintainer and communicator.