As we are all aware, the coronavirus responsible for the COVID-19 disease has been steadily spreading in the United States. We have been monitoring any and all recommendations and communications from the CDC, the City of Boston, and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to inform our plan of action, while also taking steps to ensure that we are doing all we can to reduce chances of disease transmission at TSNE.
TSNE's executive team has made the decision to have all staff work remotely indefinitely until such time as further advised. Our staff is fully capable of delivering all of our services without disruption to our clients.
On March 23, 2020, Governor Baker announced a closure of all non-essential businesses until Tuesday, April 7. With this in mind, we have:
- Postponed our March 24 Better Nonprofit Management Training Series workshop Strategic Magic: Seeing Through the Blind Spots to June 17
- Cancelled all April BNM workshops with the intention of rescheduling them on a later date
precautions for the NonProfit Center
TSNE also owns and operates the NonProfit Center, and at this time we have decided to close the building to all with the intent to re-open on Tuesday, April 7.
Organizations that operate within the NonProfit Center have been encouraged to implement work from home policies, however, the building will remain accessible to them. All events scheduled to be held at the NonProfit Center during the time period between March 16 to April 7 have been cancelled. While the building is closed, our facilities team will continue to practice enhanced cleaning procedures detailed below.
NonProfit Center Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
We are taking the following measures to reduce chances of transmission:
- Increasing the water temperatures in our restrooms and kitchens
- Keeping all hand sanitization stations in the building stocked
- Stepping up our cleaning efforts both during the days and in the evenings, with special attention given to surfaces that are frequently touched (doorknobs, elevator buttons, etc.)
- Engaging our cleaning vendor to conduct weekly thorough, deep cleanings at the NPC every Friday evening
- Installing reminders in all restrooms for tenants and visitors to wash their hands
- We have ordered and will install NanoSeptic elevator button and door knob covers throughout our common areas
We have gathered information and resources that will be helpful to organizations as they decide how to respond to the crisis.