Empathize, Co-design, Act and Iterate.
The Learning Lab uses an innovative approach that combines human-centered design and agile thinking to better understand the capacity-building needs of under-resourced movements, coalitions, and other nonprofit groups supporting marginalized communities.
Human-centered design is an approach that is grounded in empathy for our constituents as a means to develop a deep understanding of their needs and daily experiences. Agile thinking is a powerful iterative planning approach that places people over process by focusing on those you serve. It emphasizes experimentation, flexibility, and rapid action. While human-centered design is focused on deeply understanding those we serve, agile is focused on developing iterative and nimble practices to efficiently deliver impactful solutions in communities.
TSNE is sharing some of our foundational human-centered design and agile thinking tools to show you how to practice rapid co-design, collaborative, iterative, and people-centered techniques in your own work. Are you:
- Looking for a creative and authentically human-centered approach to the problem-solving process?
- Interested in becoming nimbler by collaborating, experimenting, and rapidly iterating?
These tools include:
- Innovation Bootcamp for Nonprofits: A step-by-step playbook for using agile thinking to spark creativity
- Agile Process Worksheet: A worksheet to help you think about how to apply human-centered design and agile thinking principles to your work
- Instructional videos on how to use the tools
Access the Toolkit and Instructional Videos
Access the toolkit by signing up for the Learning Lab mailing list.
Sign up to stay informed about the Learning Lab’s emerging best practices from the field. You will receive the Lab’s innovative and tested practices that are effective across mission and community, and we will notify you about future Lab events and workshops.
In addition to the toolkit, you will also be able to watch Learning Lab Project Manager Lilo explain how to use the various concepts of the Innovation Boot Camp playbook.
Complete the form below to be sent the download link: