Leadership transition is one of the most destabilizing changes for an organization. The cohort-based What’s Next program helps to build the capacity of nonprofit leaders to address succession and executive transition issues, and to ensure ongoing organizational sustainability.
TSNE offers the What’s Next: Leading a Thriving Transition program to support long-time leaders in preparing their organizations and themselves for a leadership transition.
Meet Our Participants
"The program got me out of the mindset that my leaving would upset the apple cart. Once the agency is sustainable, once that is secured, I would have a much easier time because I am ready and my agency is ready."
— Margie Martinez, Chief Executive Officer, Community Health Alliance of Pasadena
Participants must be long-time executive directors planning to leave the organization in the next three to five years. All information is confidential. Once you complete the confidential application form, you will have a phone call with staff to discuss the program and your interest. Space is limited.
What's Next Helps You:
- Assess your organization’s transition readiness
- Learn best practices and tools to prepare for transition
- Address organizational vulnerabilities related to a transition
- Increase clarity on the leader's personal steps to departure
- Motivate leaders to plan and implement the steps in leaving
- Focus on planning for the future after your departure
- Lay the groundwork for organizational sustainability
- Access support through a peer network
Program Dates and Details
- Two two-day retreats for each cohort. Attendance is required at both retreats
- Leadership coaching sessions
- Each cohort includes up to 18 participants
- Cost: $750 to $4,000. Dependent on your organization's budget size
- Please fill out the inquiry form and we will follow up with updates
The application period for our current cohort has closed. Use the interest form to contact us about future cohorts: